Love These Holistic Dog Care Tips
How Can You Care For Your Dog Holistically
Any dog can benefit from holistic and natural care. This includes a range of complementary animal therapies, supplements and types of care.
Here's 5 top tips to help you care for your dog:
- Feed - Use feed that is free from processed/chemically modified or genetically modified ingredients. Using feed that reflects a natural diet, means your dog is less likely to have skin complaints, digestive upsets and other health ailments. If you can, choose organic. There are many dog food ranges available that are organic and who use holistic principles.
- Skincare - If your dog has any skin irritations, or wounds. You can care for these using natural products. For instance, Aloe Vera and Manuka Honey are just two popular natural skincare options.
- Healthcare - There are going to be many instances, when "conventional" veterinary medicine is essential. Complementary therapies and products can be used to support your dog's health, including alongside conventional medicine. For instance if your dog has arthritis, a natural supplement may be recommended by your vet. Even alongside some prescribed medication! Using good supplements can mean less other medication is needed.
- Training - There are several techniques to training that are particularly gentle, yet effective. Tellington Ttouch Training is one example of such a method. And has had success in helping dogs with both physical and behaviourial problems. As well as general performance and happiness.
- Worming - It is possible to use herbs to help control intestinal challenges. Verm-X is one company that is leading the way in herbal wormers for many animals, including dogs. Find out more at their website here. Or check out my worming advice page here.
For more information on dozens of natural therapies. Please explore this site (click here for the sitemap). Or email email@example.com for some general advice! There are several Veterinary Surgeon's across the UK (and internationally) who work using holistic methods, if you'd like help locating one near you, for your animal, do email me!
You can find more information on how to help care for your animal holistically below:
- Equine Laminitis and Ways to Help Holistically
- Helping Pets Cope with Loud Noises
- Helping Horses, Ponies and Donkeys with Mud Fever
- Older Animals - Ways to Help Holistically
- Osteoarthritis - Help Your Animal Holistically
- Sarcoids and Horses
- Sheep - a Natural Approach
- Summer Healthcare for Animals
- Sweet Itch and Horses, Ponies and Donkeys
- Tendon Injuries and Horses
Tellington Ttouch Training for Animals - website
Useful Blog Posts To Help You Care For Your Dog Naturally
- If your animal is itchy, what can help?
- Why Vitamin C is important for Pet health
- Heat Therapy for Animals
- Should Pet's be Indoors?
- Veterinary Physio or Massage, is there a difference?
- MSM - Good for your Animal?
- Christmas Routines for Our Pets
- New Year, New Food For Your Pet?
- 'Tis the Tick Season - Helping Dogs Cope
Podcast - How to Help Your Older Dog With a Holistic Approach
Would you like information on Veterinary Surgeon's or Therapists who use holistic approaches near you for your animal? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we'll be pleased to try and assist!