How To Stop Losing People At Your Twitter Profile
Do you want to have a twitter profile that encourages readers to see what you do?
One of my top tips is to ensure you use the "pinned tweet" function well.
First off did you know you can pin a tweet to the top of your profile? It's a great idea to ensure that either important news, or a tweet that you think is interesting gets seen.
To pin, go to the tweet and click on the drop down option (top right). And click pin to profile.
If you want to change the pinned tweet. Go to the new tweet to pin, and click pin to profile, and follow the instructions. It'll let you change it. Simple.
But my top tip about this. Is that you need to change it often. If you've a tweet pinned to your profile, it's the first tweet people see. Now they may go scrolling on. But they may only see that pinned tweet.
If it's dated from a few months ago. Or even a few years ago. It to me it looks like you don't bother updating your social media or business very often. This can lose you valuable potential customers!
Now you may think the pinned tweet is worthwhile. If it's got content you're proud of. Re do it. If it's relevant, change it slightly. Not that it matters for you to change it. Please pin a new tweet, with the same or different content. Do this every few weeks. Don't leave it so long, that the first tweet people see is from a long time ago.
It doesn't create a good image. You may think that the pinned tweet has lots of retweets/likes, and so looks really popular. Although that is true. It's still old. Change it!
- Get pinning a tweet to the top of your profile. Or if you have already. Change it!
- Have a look through my previous blog posts for some tips on using social media.
- Gain more confidence in using Twitter with my free 1 page Twitter Basics Guide, which you can find online at http://taranet.co.uk/resources/Twitter-1-Page-Guide.pdf <
- For a free social media scheduling guide, please email me at info at taranet .co.uk
- Do you want coaching support to help your business flourish? Please email me to discuss! Or visit https://animal-star-social-media.teachable.com for online courses.
About The Author
Suzanne Harris is an equestrian and canine entrepreneurial coach and consultant to veterinarians who want to help prevent animals being affected by domestic abuse.