How You Can Make Video Part of Your Social Media Strategy
Have you tried using video for your social media?
Or is it something you’re not sure about? Are you worried about not having:
- The technical skills - will it work out ok?
- Anything interesting to do a video about?
Or do not feel confident about being on the video yourself, or presenting information?
Whether you prefer using Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Video is an important part of your content strategy. So what makes a good video?
Your aim should be to have a video that encourages people to stay looking at it. And not scrolling past. So how can you “hook” your audience?
Start the video with:
- An interesting setup
- A close-up shot
- Or quick movement or action.
Try including your logo at the beginning. So people associate your video with your service.
How can you plan your video?
- Decide how you want to start it. What will be a good introduction? (taking into account the points above).
- Decide what story you want to show. Despite the length of your video, it needs a beginning, middle and end. It needs to make sense (to some extent!). And not be completely random (unless you’re making a clever point!).
- Decide if it’s going to make sense to people without the sound on. Remember people viewing your video may not be able to have sound on where they are. Don’t assume everyone has earphones either.
- You can do the filming, or get someone to hold the smartphone/camcorder. This depends on the topic.
- A steady hand is vital (or use a tripod). And have the sun behind you, not the subject!
What ideas could you use for your horse or dog care business video? Two great ideas are:
- Provide dog or horse care tips. These could be general tips that you know people will find helpful. (Remember not to assume people will know everything. So do provide basic as well as more advanced information!).
- Give people an insight into your service. This could be you working with horses or dogs. It could be giving them an idea of a first appointment. Or a therapy session.
- If you've not already used video on your social media. Make a start this week!
- Make a short video on your smartphone. You don't need camcorders and special recording equipment.
- And if you're nervous, and use Instagram. Post it onto your Instagram Story. This will disappear after 24 hours. So a good way to ease yourself into it!
- Try doing a video at least once a week. Don't worry if it's short. By making a video regularly your confidence will grow!
How to Get Confidence Running Your Equine or Canine Business
Visit https://animal-star-social-media.teachable.com or email me at info @ taranet.co.uk to learn more about my specialist equine and canine business coaching.
Director at Taranet